Our Strategic Plan
Strategic area 1: Strategic communication
This strategic area was selected due to its broad impact and potential for positive improvements in the way SRF-JRMC executes its mission. By definition, communication is "strategic" when it is completely consistent and aligns with an organization’s mission, vision, values and is able to enhance the competitiveness or the output of the organization.
Three subcategories were selected to focus improvements in our SRF-JRMC strategic communications: (1) customers (i.e. TYCOM, ISIC, and others), (2) workforce (Master Labor Contract, U.S. Navy military and U.S. civilian service), and (3) industry partners (i.e. ship repair contractors).
Tactical goal 1: Strengthen customer engagement and confidence in SRF-JRMC’s maintenance practices.
- Deliverable 1: Baseline survey and analysis.
- Deliverable 2: Engagement plan incorporating baseline survey lessons.
Tactical goal 2: Strengthen internal communications within our workforce.
- Deliverable 1: Improved internal communication.
Tactical goal 3: Execute strategy to expand and strengthen our industry partnerships.
- Deliverable 1: Communication plan for sustainable contractor engagement.
- Deliverable 2: Workload forecast information sharing by trade.
Strategic area 2: Capacity expansion
As our homeported fleet continues to age and their missions proliferate, we have seen a steady increase in the amount of maintenance required to keep the 7th Fleet operationally ready. This requires us to not only increase the efficiency of the resources we have, but to identify additional resources and capability requirements to aid in both our standard and surge workloads.
Tactical goal 1: Implement procedures to obtain shops input during planning and project schedule development.
- Deliverable 1: Integrated shop screening process established by fiscal year 2020.
- Deliverable 2: Plan of action and milestones for shop standing job orders.
Tactical goal 2: Identify long term capacity and capability requirements.
- Deliverable 1: Tools and processes that identify command manpower needs to support workload requirements.
- Deliverable 2: Infrastructure development plan to enable the fiscal year 2020 capacity and capability expansion plan.
Strategic area 3: Strategic human capital planning
This strategic area includes three focus areas, or tactical goals (TG). TG1 was selected to improve the overall quality of eligible candidates with more effective hiring strategies. Within TG1, we will also examine how to better prepare new U.S. civilian service employees for success in an overseas work environment and look to minimize the time it takes to fully integrate them into the organization.
TG2 was selected to address effective command-wide training. It focuses on executing sustainable training programs by standardizing business practices for defining, requesting, recording and reporting training with a follow-on task of defining an organizational structure to support the management of training.
TG3 was selected to address resiliency of the workforce based on recent command climate survey results. To be a resilient workforce, we will promote command-wide health campaigns for both physical and mental health. Lastly, we look to improve the Japanese industrial physician/occupational nurse availability to maintain Master Labor Contract employees' occupational health, including mental health.
Tactical goal 1: Sustain and grow the workforce by developing a recruiting and turnover strategy.
- Deliverable 1: An increase in Master Labor Contract technical position applicant quality and quantity.
- Deliverable 2: Established competency management plan to drive proficiency amongst U.S. civilian service and U.S. Navy military employees.
Tactical goal 2: Execute workforce and leader development program.
- Deliverable 1: Standardized automated training management system data.
- Deliverable 2: Defined roles and responsibilities for the new training division.
- Deliverable 3: Executed supervisory and leadership training.
Tactical goal 3: Increase workforce resiliency.
- Deliverable 1: SRF-JRMC health and wellness awareness campaign.
- Deliverable 2: Embedded Government of Japan industrial physician position to assist with mental health, industrial health and medical certification concerns.
NAN DEMO DEKIMASU - WE CAN DO ANYTHING