Lifting & Handling Department (Code 700)
We provide safe and reliable Lifting & Handling services to ships & shops supporting the 7th Fleet.
Team 700 building on a culture of continuous improvement making safety & quality our priority.
What We Do:
Lifting & Handling Director (Code 700)
- Reports directly to the commanding officer and is responsible for all aspects of the Lifting and Handling Program throughout SRF-JRMC.
- Serves as Weight Handling Equipment (WHE) program manager and certifying official.
Lifting & Handling Deputy Director (C701)
- Coordinates daily activities of engineering, inspection, test, quality assurance and maintenance divisions.
Technical Division (Code 710)
- Provides electrical, structural and mechanical engineering guidance for maintenance, repair, and modification of WHE under Code 700’s cognizance.
- Develops technical specifications for procurement of WHE.
- Provides detailed planning efforts, including analysis and development of complex rigging sketches and procedures.
Inspection & Test Division (Code 720)
- Provides electrical, mechanical and structural inspection of WHE for maintenance and certification.
- Conducts crane testing following maintenance services.
- Provides quality assurance oversight and internal assessments of key processes within the department.
Maintenance Division (Code 730)
- Conducts mechanical, electrical and structural maintenance, repairs, and modifications in accordance with technical work documents issued by either the inspection or engineering divisions.
- Coordinates short and long range crane maintenance plans with ship maintenance schedules.
- Manages material procurement and inventory necessary for crane maintenance.
Operations Division (Code 740)
- Performs crane operations and rigging to support production shops who perform ship maintenance.
- Provides scaffolding support for ship maintenance.
- Performs testing of ship’s WHE.
- Manufactures various rigging equipment.
- Provides inspection, maintenance, certification and inventory of approximately 9,000 pieces of rigging equipment.
- Provides training for SRF-JRMC personnel who perform crane and rigging operations.
- Provides accident prevention through oversight and surveillance of crane and rigging operations.
- Investigates crane and rigging accidents in order to issue appropriate reports and safety briefs.
NAN DEMO DEKIMASU - WE CAN DO ANYTHING